Do you or your family enjoy an e-bike, scooter, or hoverboard? These micromobility devices make for a great gift and are a lot of fun, but they come with a few surprises.
In the event of an accident, owners of e-bikes, scooters, and other micromobility devices could be held liable for damages and the injuries, disabilities, or even deaths of others involved.
- E-bike collides with and injures a pedestrian
- Hoverboard collides with a bike rider and injures them
- Scooter merges without warning, causing an auto accident
Many homeowners’ policies exclude liability coverage when e-bikes or other micromobility devices are used to travel on public roads.
We provide a motorcycle policy to cover the risk. A motorcycle policy has many advantages:
- Flexibility – liability-only policy or add physical damage to suit your needs
- Affordability – minimum premium as low as $100 per year in most states
- Peace of Mind – there’s typically a less significant premium impact if a claim is filed on a motorcycle policy versus a homeowners policy
A motorcycle policy comes with robust built-in coverages plus options to ensure the best protection and value for riding enthusiasts on- and off-road.
Safety Riding Apparel
If your safety apparel – such as boots, jackets, gloves, or leathers – is damaged in a collision or is not recovered after a theft, you could receive up to $1,000 per rider ($500 limit on helmets) with no deductible. This applies to all policies, whether written with physical damage coverage or just liability. Additional coverage is available under custom parts and equipment coverage, including safety apparel coverage.
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Parts Protection
If a covered loss includes damage to OEM parts, OEM parts will be used when available to repair or replace the damaged parts.
Custom Parts and Equipment
With physical damage coverage, you automatically get up to $3,000 in coverage for custom parts and equipment such as safety apparel, sidecars, saddle bags, LED lights, permanently installed electronics, custom paint (up to $2,000), or custom exhaust. Limits up to $20,000 are also available.
With help available 24 hours a day, anywhere in the U.S., with no out-of-pocket expenses, roadside assistance provides additional peace of mind while on the road.
Van Wyk exists so you have peace of mind when it comes to your family. We tailor and implement solutions to your unique risks so you can rest easy. Let’s connect to determine if a motorcycle policy for your micromobility devices is the right solution for you. And be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on LinkedIn for more safety tips and industry news!
- What Are the Factors That Affect Your Home Insurance Premium?
- What Are the Various Types of Auto Insurance Coverage?
- How to Prevent Catalytic Converter Theft?
Source: Safeco Insurance